Wåhlin had a very good 2016 within M&A and are looking forward to an active 2017
Wåhlin assisted in over 40 major transactions in 2016 with a combined value over SEK 1.5 billion, thereby strengthening its position among the M&A-players in the Swedish market. Wåhlin, with the growth of nearly 40% in 2015, was placed third according to the Swedish business magazine Affärsvärldens survey of the fastest growing law firms in the country, will continue with new recruitments to meet the needs of 2017 which is expected to be an active year.
– 2016 was a busy year for Wåhlin, but since our firm is based on a True Partnership, we can seamlessly use the expertise across all our offices when needed, says Jonas Holmstedt, Partner at Wåhlin.
Wåhlin has assisted both sellers and buyers in areas ranging from Private Equity companies to Health Care and Rehabilitation, and to major holding companies in the Real Estate sector. – A third of the transactions were Real Estate-related transactions in corporate form, says Jonas.
In 2016 Wåhlin acted as advisors in, amongst others, the following transactions:
- Allard Support for Better Life AB’s acquisition of Suomen Ortotiikka & Protetiikka Oy in Finland
- The sale of Scanmaskin AB to Indutrade
- Gocciani AB’s acquisition of Linette Här i Sverige AB
- The sale of Vaculex AB to Piab AB
- ADCURAM Group AG’s acquisition of Poggenpohl Möbelwerke GmbH in Germany from Nobia AB
Wåhlin with offices in Gothenburg, Helsingborg, Malmö and Stockholm advises both Swedish and international clients in all types of M&A and business transfers, from the small deals with value of a few millions, up to transactions with multi-million value. Jonas continues – our clients’ transactions occur both within as outside of Sweden’s borders. When advising in any international transactions, often enough it is with the assistance of our international network INTERLAW, and by the close and well developed cooperation we have there.
For further information:
Partner and Head of the M&A Group
042-453 43 53